The U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service Dairy Forage Unit, in Madison, Wisconsin is seeking an energetic and motivated applicant for a full-time Natural Resources Specialist/Soil Scientist/Agronomist. The incumbent will be expected to:
1) Serves as a central resource and liaison for the Soil Health Collaborative team.
2) Works with the Soil Health Collaborative leadership team and the supervisor to ensure the operation plans reflect the teams' priorities and policies.
3) Provides input on and leads efforts to develop or revise internal communication protocols among project leadership and externally with project partners.
4) Coordinates and gathers necessary information to draft cooperator agreements, which will include providing guidance on the development of logic models, project objectives, budgets, and budget justifications.
5) Maintains consistent coordination among diverse teams within the Soil Health Collaborative.
6) Coordinates and leads project- wide meeting and field days with cooperators and stakeholders.
7) Assists in writing and assembling documentation for the submission of grant proposals and other agreements.
Experience required is working with large, multidisciplinary teams, leading communication processes with diverse groups of stakeholders, and implementing programs and procedures to administer large projects.
The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or National. The position is full time, permanent. A comprehensive benefits package is available. Vacancy announcement ARS-S24Y-12189985-KB and where to apply can be found at website www.usajobs.gov. Closing date for applications is 11/24/2023. The USDA is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.